The Fine Arts G.Zanabazar Musem was founded in 1966. The museum is renowned for the works of G.Zanabazar (1935-1724), which include the statues of Sita Tara, the Five Dhayani Buddhas and the Bodhi Stupa.
The Fine Arts Museum was named after Gombodorjiin Zanabazar in 1995. It has 12 exhibition up to the beginning of the 20th Century. Initially enriched the number of its objects, with the modern arts becoming a separate division in 1989 as an Arts Gallery. The Muesum displays the artistic works of Mongolian masters of the 18-20th Centuries, coral masks, thangkas, as well as the famous painting of B.Sharav entitled “A Day in Mongolia” and “Airag feast”.
The Museum contains 13000 objects. The exhibition hall regularly hosts the works of contemporary artists.
The G.Zanabazar Museum has been successfully cooperating with UNESCO for the improvement of the preservation of priceless exhibits and for training of the Museum staff.